Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'd like to know the same thing- please help anyone!!!!

1970 Chevy Custom El Camino aka Kaileigh
Green Mist & Silver w/Green Vinyl Top
350ci/300HP 4bbl & Factory Dual Exhaust
Non-SS with Factory Rallies!
TH-350 Automatic - 2.73 Posi Rear
My El Camino Home Page - www.dreamelectric.com

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited 12-26-1999).]

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
A good picture of the spare tire area in my '71 GMC Sprint (basically the same thing as an El Camino) can be seen at:

http://www.chevelles.com/sprint/spare.html

This is the way it came originally. El Caminos would be the same.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I dunno but my 70 has a curtain and i have asked if its stock but no-one knows.

------------------

Mike Reeh
Gold #34
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I used to own a 1972 ELC brand new off the lot and I am almost certain it had a vinyl cover matching the color of the interior. I just can't remember for sure? This was a loaded SS350, so it could be that the lesser equipped trucks did not have one.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
elcamino is right. I found an original 72 ElCamino parts car complete, original owner with rusted (broken)frame. Behind the seat was the original spare tire that was never unbolted, the jack and the spare tire cover. The cover was Black vinyl outside with a white feltlike backing on the inside. It had a cardboardlike backing where the tread of the tire went. This cover slipped over the spare tire. The vinyl grain was an exact match to the vinyl on the door panels. I could not find a part number on it but I believe this to be original. Also this was a 350/2bbl auto Elky with bench and had all the chrome trim.

------------------
Mike
71 SS454 4spd/with air ElCamino
Gold Member # 149

[This message has been edited by Jones (edited 09-02-99).]

·
5,855 Posts
My 68 El Camino has been in my family since new and it has a snap-on curtain. The curtain is made of the same carpet as on the floor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.