Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
There's also a few other trim mods. You've probably noticed that your car is plastered with Malibu emblems. I think this might only be true for 68s though.

Amanda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hotrod,
What year El camino is your question directed to? The Custom El caminos have more goodies in the way of chrome and interior accents, but I think each year differs......Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My el camino is a 65. When I bought the car it had new paint on it. All of the emblems have been removed. The interior seems stock except it has mechanical gauges. Would the gauges indicate that it is a custom or maybe just addded later.

HOT ROD

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 65 El Camino Custom VIN begins with 13680. Interior should be padded dash,clock,buckets,El Cam plate on glove box,chrome backed r/view mirror,powerslide trans, vinyl cover for spare. Exterior emblems;v-8 flags and engine size on front fender, el camino emblem on rear fender, SS hubcaps,Chevrolet letters on hood. More differences from standard than I will mention here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dean
Yeah, although there was no 65 El Camino SS, the custom came with SS hubs if u had buckets. They were silver with three knock-off looking spokes. The center of the hub was black and had the red SS lettering. Same hubcap as the 65 Malibu SS if u can find a pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.