Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1996 Caprice cop car with LT1 engine to put in my '72 Chevelle. I will be able to strip as much as needed from the cop car to make the conversion. Has anybody got suggestions on how to adapt the new wiring to the old car? And has anyone used the digital speedometer from the new car in the Chevelle?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot, John. That was a lot of reading; I think I will paste it into a Word doc for the time when i try to fire this thing. It seems that there is more interest in this efi conversion with the Camaro guys than the Chevelle guys. Sooner or later, we will get more interested as a group.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I am in the process as we speak. I had the entire harness out of the 94 TA donor car. Basicly I spent about 3 days studying the Helms manual for the car. I cut out the unneeded wires and plugs wires and plugs one at a time till all I had left is what I am using. I will be using the TA relay/fuse box outside and a few circuts on a added fuse panel inside the car. I am still using the factory chevelle fuse block and tying it in with the added circuits.

I am also doing something a little different. I will be keeping the VATS as a security measure. Most people I talk to disable the system.

I have all my notes made on how to do everything its just a matter of executing my plan. watch for my posts in Chevelle Tech 2003 for updates. I will post pics and details of the harness as soon as I finish it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts