Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an edelbrock 600cfm carb on my 350 crate motor. at idle it will fluctuate up to 400 rpm and hesitate when driving. i'm assuming it's dirty jets or something. i tried carb cleaner but that didn't clear up the problem. does edelbrock make a rebuild kit and how hard is it to do? any other suggestions? thanks.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
13,013 Posts
Rich,
I thought the last Edelbrock kit I bought was a lot cheaper than that, but it has been a year or so.
There really is not much to them, you might get away with pulling the top off without hurting the gasket, cleaning it out real good, and reassembling it.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
Team Chevelle #100

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is it one of the performer carbs? The rebuild kits for them are like $20. You can clean them a good amount without a rebuild also, just pull the top off and flush the carb with cleaner. The main feed along the back of the carb can get full of gunk, and the fuel bowls tend to collect mass amounts of nastyness.

Also make sure to pull the needle & seat assembly and clean the screens that are attached to them.

I've pulled the tops off of mine, mutilated the gasket, and managed to put the pieces of it back on to form a working seal until I bought a new one.

Wes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.