Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Dave, I've heard of them and have seen their ads in car magazines. If I remember I have an article in Cars Illustrated or was it Modern Muscle?, that had a a number of these hi-po chips for comparison testing. For what it's worth, all the reseach I've done for my 1986 Monte SS, is not to waste my money. I got this info from the monte-list web site,
where all info is tried/tested and real, based on list members experience.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Dave, Most of the chips only affect wide open throttle or near wide open throttle calibration. If that is what you're looking for then hypertech is a vey good company. I suggest you call them on the phone and tell them what you want to do.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
The rule of thumb on these chips is that they provide a real improvement on cars that are not all that highly tuned (like older cars) and not much on more modern better calibrated cars.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Dave, I have some personal comments on them that I could share with you that I don't think Al would like me to share here. You can e-mail me and I'll tell you my story of performance and service with them.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Not much of a noticeable difference on my computer controlled car either! Like one of the previous people said, they're only good at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So from the feed-back I take it they su##. I was trying to get a little more out of my "86" El Camino 4.3L when I tow my boat. I put in a new tran. & motor and after a lot of fine tuning she is runing great, just
thought it might give it that little edge but I don't want more problems.
                                                Thanks. Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.