Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It used to be you could go on ebay, type your car info in, and have plenty of used parts to sort through. Now if you do that, I would say LESS than 1% of the returns are used parts and the rest is ALL repro dealer stuff! Another good thing ruined. OK I'm finished whining.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Agree 100% Mike. I posted a similar thread on here a year or so ago. If I want to buy from a parts supplier I will go to their website or look in a catalog. Good used parts are few and far between these days anyway.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I usually limit my searches to auctions only. Most of the "new" stuff you find has a buy~it~now attached to it.

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
What I HATE more than anything are the ads that say
CHEVELLE CAMARO MONTE CARLO EL CAMINO MALIBU CORVETTE LS5, LS6 ,YENKO, SS,RS, RSSS,SUPER SPORT, COPO, RALLEY SPORT, BBC, SBC , 1965,66,67,68,69,1970 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79

WING NUT. :mad:

·
Gold Founding Member
4,193 Posts
You forgot Z/28, MO & DZ. LOL!
I agree. There is too much dealer stuff. I rarely purchase on ebay anymore. I will not sell there anymore either. First of all, the fees are outrageous. I paid $120.00 in Final Value Fees, Listing Fees and the % Ebay takes for paying with Paypal on a rebuilt 12 Bolt that sold for $1405.00. Second, Ebay wants a Credit Card to backup your Paypal Account. In case you sell something to a buyer that is less than happy, Ebay wants to be able to deduct your Paypal Account. If you have no money in your Paypal Account, no worries. Your Credit Card will be charged instead. The buyer will be refunded at the discression of ebay and you will be out your part if the buyer does not return it. Ebay was better in the beginning.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess it's back to swap meets for me.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Yep, the "good old days" of eBay are gone :sad:

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Do you guys have Kijiji in the U.S.? It's like Craigslist but much better. I just bought a original Camaro 12 bolt, rebuilt posi., new 3:73 gears, 5 leaf springs for my 69 Camaro RS for $1000. No add fees, small fee if you want your add bumped up to the top of the page or if you want it to stay at the top of the page. You can search different areas and cities. I have not been on Ebay for weeks. Kijiji does not have the huge amount of scammers that Ebay does, not yet anyway.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I guess it's back to swap meets for me.
Swap meets are getting just as bad. 75% of the venders are selling new stuff. Guys actually cleaning out the garage are few. That said, I like cleaning out the garage and renting a space. People can tell your not in it to make a living, just move some stuff.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Kijiji is in the US. I googled it and one hit said it was part of ebay. I clicked on the listings for the Atlanta area and it is most like Craig's list but lots of pictures on the main screen without having to click on the ad. Google it and try it for the area closest to you.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
eBay has catered to the Power sellers. They have gotten what they wanted. Unfortunatly it's the first time or low volume sellers that are the real essence of eBay.

eBay is just turning into Amazon :(

Where is the competing platform from Google? :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts