Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took apart a 336 Muncie that has no numbers on it other than the casting numbers, no stamped production date, no partial Vin number, nada.

It has all the factory gaskets in place, original front bearing and it appears to be a a factory 1 inch counter shaft unit. The only thing I can figure is this is a parts department unit, the no numbers deal and GM might have made some of these with 1 inch pins.

Trans has never been apart complete right down to the locks on the front bearing retainer and the telltale gaskets and the fact there is no silicone anywhere.

Very strange!!!!

·
Registered
13,318 Posts
Huh? A 336 Muncie?
Don't know that one.
If the BARE replacement case was purchased from the parts dept and all of the guts installed in it, then most likely that is the reason for no stamped numbers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh? A 336 Muncie?
Don't know that one.
If the BARE replacement case was purchased from the parts dept and all of the guts installed in it, then most likely that is the reason for no stamped numbers.
I found out there was a company that made Muncies after GM stopped production, trying to find out who it was and where. This is a puzzle to me as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huh? A 336 Muncie?
Don't know that one.
OK, I got this thing figured out. Someone ground the case number off, did a nice job:yes:

So it's not a odd ball deal after all.:(:(:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts