Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a smoking deal on a early 80s windshield wiper motor and pump w/ delay pulse. Everything works. I have been trying to firgure out
how to wire this in using some of the exsisting wiring. I know I may have to add a wire. But I'm not sure which wiper switch to use that will go in the wiper sw place on the 70 dash. I'm not 100% sure what vehicle this motor came out of. But it closely matches an 80 Camaro. I think a 80s Silverado switch may work.
I currently have the motor set up for 2 speed operation. It's simple enough to change it back to delay operation.

Also, Anyone know where to get a white pump head assy or the piston for the pump?

Has anyone done a mod like this in the past?
Thanks for the time...
Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Automotive tire Machine

Wood Gas Auto part Metal Machine

Gas Engineering Machine Motor vehicle Rim

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you daily drive your Chevelle? In the 20 plus years Ive owned mine I have only had to use the wipers maybe 3 times. A lot of the site users here are afraid to wash their Chevelles let alone drive them in the rain. They would probably faint at the wheel if it started raining while they were driving their trailer queens.
No, I'm still rebuilding mine. But my other 2 cars rarely ever have seen the rain. But it's nice to know you have a working system if it ever comes to be.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my 78 malibu came factory with delay wipers. The switch for it is similar, but instead of having a square piece on the top of the switch, it has a round knob with a arrow on it. may be some food for thought...
Can you post a photo of it?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the photo Jim.
I'vce decided to use the same old standard wiper motor for the time being.
I'm hanging onto the Pulse dely washer assembly for a while. I may get froggy later and pursue it at another time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts