Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outlook 2003 asks if I want to backup file folders. I get this error message: The process cannot access the files because another process has locked a portion of the file. After I reboot I sometimes can backup but it’s random.:

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
Never seen that before. I've used Outlook 2003 since it came out and never let it backup, or archive, my files. I have enough personal folders (.pst files) that I can generally keep my old emails in them.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only portion I care about backing up is my e mail contacts. I do print a copy every once in a while.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
I prefer something like SyncToy from MS to do backups from one drive to another. I used to do batch files to copy my email stuff, MS likes to hide personal folders in your profile such as "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook". The "Local Settings" folder is set to hidden as a default.

I'm not sure if the Contacts list in included in the default Personal Folder's .pst file or not. I generally export these to a .CSV file once a week or so depending on new contacts. Same with 'Rules and Alerts', I'll export those as changes are made.

Now if I could just figure out how to export my (10) email accounts data - userid, settings, etc. I'd be a happy camper. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.