Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
I do know that you would need a couple more things but that is the major chunks. About 300 in extras you would need and that doesnt include the piping or labor if you dont plan on doing it yourself. But i wouldnt buy it b/c they offer no refund of any kind. If they knew what the made was good they wouldnt have a problem giving a refund b/c it wouldnt go bad. Plus you can find and or build that stuff for the same price just wont look as pretty. If you take the time and know how to build your own turbos you could get a better set up with more power and reliability. If i ever buy something it is from a proven brand that you can trust or i would rather build it myself. I dont trust other people to do work that i know i could do with a little time and research.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
No way... just the raw 321 stainless to make the headers (which they claim to have used) would cost more than they are asking for the entire kit. Buyer beware!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I could also promise you that those turbos would not fit under the hood with that header configuration, they are way to tall.

Corey

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
Wow, how about just throw those headers on upside down, bolt the turbos directly to them, hang that intercooler in front of the grill, pipe it all up with Sched 40 and those stove pipe patch dealy's with the hose clamps? Just toss the hood....

Now just think how kool that would look! Figure out how to string some little blue LEDs to the setup, kinda tie together the best of the ******* and ricer cultures. Am I a genius or whut? I can see it all now....Kwality with a kapital K!

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Looks to me like they have good feedback and they have sold some of these kits before... Sounds cheap! They claim it will fit 82-92 camaros? If so, wouldnt it fit about anything? I always the the exhaust was pretty tight on them?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
seems like the turbos would sit high-the closest kit i found thru a real turbo dealer, using high nickel cast iron manifolds and getting a discount was over 3k,
so who knows what your getting here
add about 2k more for boost ref fuel system and carb, etc
go but some beer, you will be better off

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i can't see how they would fit a transam or camaro. i wasn't seriously building a turbo engine but happened upon this setup and got curious. some installed pictures of this setup would make me more a believer. mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts