Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 72 malibu. after i shut my car off, the dummy lights will either stay on(as in if it were in the accessory position) or a while after i will go out to my car, and the will be on. is this the ignition switch???? or some type of electrical demon???? thanks in advance!!!!

mike

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
When I purchased my '69, the ignition lock cylinder was very worn and I could remove the key when the lock was in accessory position. On several occasions, I thought it was off when it was actually in accessory resulting in a dead battery. As I recall, gen light did glow dim when in accessory but didn't always catch my attention.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

[This message has been edited by Fred Aldrich (edited 04-16-99).]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nothing else run when this happens (i do have a radio in at this time.) the lights will shut off, and i will come out sometime later, and the will be on agian. today when i turned the car off, the faded, and went out after i played w/ the key a bit. it is just really annoying!!!

mike

------------------

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Mike,
I seem to remember a similar problem to this many years ago that had something to do with the voltage regulator sticking. Next time it happens, have someone watch the lights while you "tap" on the voltage regulator. It may be worth a try.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.