Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone (try) watching the ABC Family's POS version of the Dukes?? I like T&A as much as the next guy.....but I can not stand to see such stupidity in a show for ratings?? Did anyone see how skinny Boss and LuLu is?? And to think a legendary country singer like Willie Nelson (playing Uncle Jessie) iz being associated with this trash?? Even worse.....the doors of the General Lee open!!!

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I believe this is supposed to be a new series for them. I saw the commercials for it, turned it on for about 2 minutes to back up my opinions I gathered from the commercials then proceeded to immedietely turn it off:noway:

Jeff

·
Premium Member
16,879 Posts
I just suffered through all 2 hours of it. It's so far at the opposite end of the spectrum from what the original show was it's not even funny. I can't believe ABC Family aired it with the amount of sexual innuendo that was in it :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I am glad it wasnt just me that picked up on all the sexual innuendos in it. I aonly watched it for an hour and switched to desperate house wives, yea yea yea, i know, what i saw of the dukes was not good.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,879 Posts
Is this a new movie? Different than the one a year or so ago with Johnny Knoxville?
Yeah Derek, it is, and it completly sucked. It was never made to go into theaters, straight to TV/DVD. I will say that the movie released in 2005 was nice to watch for the driving stunts even though the plot sucked, but this one on TV tonight was a complete piece o' crap.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
So basically. It was some show business types that were making an attempt to cash in the success of The Dukes of Hazzard and failed badly.

The return to hazard or whatever it was several years back wasnt so bad. A sort of reunion show with Daisy riding a motorcycle after attending school or something like this. If I remember right, that movie finally touched base on the little romance issue floating above Daisy Duke and Enos. Those 2 really should have ended up together IMO. Hell, Ross and Rachel ended up together on another show that had nothing to do with The Dukes but still.:p

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Havent seen it but something told me it wouldn't make an impact on me.

IMO the only real Dukes shows worth watching were the very first 5 filmed in Covington Georgia. I didn't care much how they started to water the show down on the move to Cali, then the Coy and Vance figures that strolled in worsened it, then the next season after that they had Bo and Luke back but they watered down the show even further with the toy minatures.....

The 1st reunion movie was good IMO. The 2nd was not as good.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts