Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I'm skeptical of any drop spindle with cast-in steering arms and caliper brackets. Some of them use G-body parts with smaller brakes, although this one lists 11" rotors so I don't know if it uses "stock" chevelle brakes or not.

The steering arm location is something that shouldn't be messed with by anyone who doesn't know what they're doing... and most companies don't seem to know what they're affecting when they move it, and it needs to be moved when the pin height is moved because of tie-rod and rim interference.

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
the correct drop springs will handle and ride like any late model car. nice and tight, but not too stiff.
plus, they have the added benefit of putting the suspension geometry in a "better place" for modern radial tires at ride height. drop spindles give you the "look" of performance without actually making anything better.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
A friend of mine tried a set of el cheapo ChiCom spindles like that on his C10 pickup. About 2 months after he put them on one BROKE and put the truck in a ditch. The casting was full of internal flaws and inclusions. Against my advice he sent it back and installed the replacement. About 6 months later the replacement BROKE,split the casting in the middle so the actual spindle pin came out! Crashed again. Thank God it happened just after he pulled off the highway and onto a secondary road! I could have lost a good friend to those pieces of ..... Mark SC&C

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Mark brings up another good point... I'm also skeptical (aside from my skepitism of the geometry changes) of any aftermarket spindle that is cast rather than forged. I trust an OEM cast spindle such as a B-body spindle has been properly engineered for strength, and QC of both the materials going in and finished product coming out will be way better, but I wouldn't trust my life to chinese parts with uncontrolled metal and "engineered" by someone who is willing to outsource such a critical part to the lowest bidder.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Flea-pay is the last place I would buy my suspension parts. But thats just me personally.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.