Team Chevelle banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nearing the end of my Manual to auto swap and now I need to order a Driveshaft. Is there someone that comes highly recommended by anyone. I live in CT and would like to get a shaft locally rather than order from across the country. I want a 31/2 in. cromoly one and as we all know in this hobby, we want it as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Cammorotas truck parts on universal drive in North Haven will build you one.Reasonable price and does really nice work.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I just bought one from Dennys driveshafts
Only took about two weeks and it was in my hands.
Now if I can get everything else done I could test it out.
Thats who I recommend and hes in upstate new york i think.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
X2 on Denny's driveshafts. Mine took a little longer, but was worth it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I will check them out.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
I used Denny's Driveshaft on my last purchase also. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does Denny's make a Cromoly shaft? Do you think an aluminum shaft would be ok on a 3800 car?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been waiting for over a month for my drive shaft from Dennys, but i their defense they are waiting for the 1350 pinion yoke I ordered with it
Thats what I'm afraid of. I don't want to be waiting around that long. Everything else is done for the swap and I would go crazy waiting. I understand quality but other places should be able to produce quality pieces.

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
I'm not sure how you intend to use your car, but I race my Chevelle at the strip regularly, 3950 pounds race weight, 496, TH400, high 11's in the 1/4 mile with 1.6X 60' times, and I have had no problems whatsoever with a stock driveshaft. I have a new slip yoke from Denny's that takes a 1330 u-joint. A local driveshaft shop shortened the driveshaft (my car came with TH350) rebalanced it, and put new u-joints in it for around $100. Turn-around time was less than a day.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
The driveshaft I got from Dennys is aluminum
71 chevelle,475 (vortecpro)bb w/588lb.ft.4l80 manual shift 2800stall
Talked to Denny himself did all the calculations
All good
But I still havent drove the car

·
Registered
5,893 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys,I will check them all out before I make a decision.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts