Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an M20 muncie 4 speed with the large output shaft 32 spline and the yoke on my driveshaft is for a TH350. I know I need the yoke for a TH400 as it is the 32 spline. My question is did they make different length yokes? Does it have to be specifically for a chevelle or could I get one that came in a pontiac, olds, etc. Will this one work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...250499409217&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab=Watching

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't comment on the yoke, but I went from a 6 banger powerglide to a big block and M-20 and the shaft went right on. I was told numerus times that it would be different and it wasn't. Hope this helped alittle...

·
Premium Member
3,974 Posts
If you have the large yoke you may have a T10.
In any case, yes there are different yokes.
Truck yokes are sometimes shorter because of two piece drive shafts, you don't want that.
If a truck has a one piece drive shaft, it will have a long yoke.
Long yokes are available new from Summit for about $100.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RMG-SY1330/

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No its for sure a Muncie. I gave the guys the numbers on here and they said its an M20 out of a 71 nova. It for sure has the Big output shaft 32 spline. Did M20's not come with that big output shaft? If not then somebody must have changed the case and maybe its an M22 then? From what I understand TH400, T-10, and M22 were all 32 spline output?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I just went to Carquest and ordered a yolk for a th400. Ended up being a bit too long, so I cut it down to size. Works great!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Most Chevy use a Spicer Ujoint,and the Bop use a Saganaw. That will be a problem with the drive shaft. I think they make a special Ujoint to join the two different U joints, but I never used one. The M20 and M21 use the 350 yoke, the M22 use the larger one, same as Turbo 400

1 - 7 of 7 Posts