Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the small block 350 out of my 1969 Chevelle and put in a 460 big block the block is a gen V. The car had a th350 tranny in it which i did not reuse but I did use a th350 and I had them sitting on the floor next to each other and they are identical. So anyway now I have the motor and tranny installed and I went to put the drive shaft in and it is a hair to long. The motor mounts are the same style mount but I swithched from a rubber mount to a polyureathane mount. So does anyone have any idea on what would have changed to make the drive shaft too long now?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought that nothing should have changed and the drive shaft would have fell right back into spot the same way it came out. Anyone have any thoughts on what to look for?? The drive shaft is to long by about a 1/4 inch or so. There has to be something that I am overlooking because there is no room for any type of adjustment.

·
Registered
253 Posts
my drive shaft is a tight fit in my car but it fits....all i do is make sure the rearend yoke is positioned where the caps fit vertical from each other. If i have the yoke where the caps sit horizontal, the caps ujoint will not clear over the end of the yoke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts