Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i run a drag radial like a nitto or bf-goodrich on back what do i put on the front, the same? or something else?

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Don't waste a drag radial on the front. A good brand street tire is all you need on the front. If you want a little extra security than go with a Z-rated tire.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I run Nitto NT555R drag radials out back and regular N555's on the front:

Pattern is identical except the rears are shaved to 6/32's of an inch...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
musclecarjohn, what size rims and tiress are those? and do you have any problems with taking corners with the dragradials, and how is the tire life on them?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
musclecarjohn, what size rims and tiress are those? and do you have any problems with taking corners with the dragradials, and how is the tire life on them?
Just mounted them last month Dave so I can't really comment on tire wear.
With a 6/32nd thread depth,it can't be great I'll tell you but with as little miles as I put on all 3 cars,they should last me a good while.
Wheels are 18x9 fronts (5.5" b/s) and 18x10's in the rear w/5.75" b/s.
Tires are 275/35's and 305/35 drag radials.
If you go to Nitto's site www.nittotire.com it explains the features of the drag radial.They are specially made with a reinforced belt pkg to aid in traction and improved high-speed stability.They also offer a shaved depth road race tire as well (NT555RII) which has better cornering specifics built in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.