Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in K.C. and they're putting in a new road course near my house. I've upgraded most of the major components of my car so far except the suspension, rear end, and tires.

I'm looking for help in determining the best components to handle the roadcourse, as well as some cruise nights; while being adjustable enough to get my car to hook.

I know drag racing is more weight transfer while roadcourse is balance, but what would YOU put on this car?

66 Malibu-454 (450 to 500 @crank), TCI th400, power front disc conversion, fuel cell in new trunk so no clearance issues, 15" wheels w/BFG drag radials. Car still has 3.36 open diff 10bolt, original. Would trade for working 10 or 12 bolt if someone needs for a restoration.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Call Marcus at SC&C; get yourself some ATS spindles, 700# springs, Koni shocks, 17X9.5 wheels and 275/40R17 tires (I like the Kuhmo Escta). Of course make sure all your base suspension and steering (ball joints, tie rods, etc...) is up to par. I like a Teflon variety of control arm bushings. In the rear use a pair of Edlebrock upper arms and any of the lower tubular arms (just no poly).

This will not handle well enough to keep up with most of the jap cars on the O/T but will still launch well for drag intentions.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I agree with Denny, but I don't think you want to go that stiff on the springs if you still want to hook at the strip. I'd go softer on the springs and bigger on the sta-bar if you really want to do much drag racing... adjustable shocks would be nice too, to set soft when drag racing and firmer when on the road course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts