Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning TC. Rolled up the windows and noticed they were not sealing well (see photo). Both drivers and passenger side are off, with the drivers side the worst. The windows roll up all the way but look bent "outward". Anyone know how to fix this? Do I require any special tools to take off the panels?

Attachments

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,202 Posts
How come your roof looks brown in the picture. It's hard to tell but it almost looks like your rear window is in too far. Can you take better pictures of the front and rear widows up where they meet the weatherstrip. I was looking through the pictures in your garage and noticed that on your rear end the shock is mounted to the wrong hole it should be mounted to the bottom hole in that same bracket.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How come your roof looks brown in the picture. It's hard to tell but it almost looks like your rear window is in too far. Can you take better pictures of the front and rear widows up where they meet the weatherstrip. I was looking through the pictures in your garage and noticed that on your rear end the shock is mounted to the wrong hole it should be mounted to the bottom hole in that same bracket.
Oops yes I'll take some better photos. Roof color is probably from poor lighting and reflection in the garage. Ouch on the rear shock! Whats the top hole for?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Oops yes I'll take some better photos. Roof color is probably from poor lighting and reflection in the garage. Ouch on the rear shock! Whats the top hole for?
Don't know what the top hole is for just know all the cars I've seen or had the shock mounts to the bottom hole. I also noticed you have no dome light switches on the door frames. You will need to remove any screws holding the arm rests on the panels and any that run along the bottom of the panels. As far as tools to remove the door or rear panels you would need a tool to remove any clips on the window crank handles or door opening handles. There are tools to pry the panel clips out of the door that normally run along the edge of the panel. I don't know if you have bought a Assembly Manual but it comes in really handy when working on your car. By the way I really like your car it looks really nice.

Reactions: faded67

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know what the top hole is for just know all the cars I've seen or had the shock mounts to the bottom hole. I also noticed you have no dome light switches on the door frames. You will need to remove any screws holding the arm rests on the panels and any that run along the bottom of the panels. As far as tools to remove the door or rear panels you would need a tool to remove any clips on the window crank handles or door opening handles. There are tools to pry the panel clips out of the door that normally run along the edge of the panel. I don't know if you have bought a Assembly Manual but it comes in really handy when working on your car. By the way I really like your car it looks really nice.
Thank you Hank! First off, yes I just received my assembly manual this morning. Yes Sir, there is currently no dome light in the car. Below are some more photos, but not sure if they capture what you were looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
The tools on this page will help you out...There are adjustable stand-offs that attach the window channels to the door and the body(for rear quarter windows). They will need to be adjusted to straighten up your alignment. I would start by getting the rear quarter windows aligned first then move to the doors. Not hard to do. There are screws along the bottom of the doors and push-in clips on the front and rear of the door panels.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...r=Ascending&keyword=window crank removal tool

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tools on this page will help you out...There are adjustable stand-offs that attach the window channels to the door and the body(for rear quarter windows). They will need to be adjusted to straighten up your alignment. I would start by getting the rear quarter windows aligned first then move to the doors. Not hard to do. There are screws along the bottom of the doors and push-in clips on the front and rear of the door panels.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...r=Ascending&keyword=window crank removal tool
Is there a way to determine what the correct alignment is supposed to be? Right now when I look at the car, it only appears the front window is off. I can be totally wrong, but would be nice to only have to adjust one lol. Thank you for the link as well Mike.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The top rubber weather strip has a groove in it where the tops of the windows should seat when rolled up. I looked again and I think you're right, the rear quarter window looks right. Adjust the door window and see if everything looks good.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Is there a way to determine what the correct alignment is supposed to be? Right now when I look at the car, it only appears the front window is off. I can be totally wrong, but would be nice to only have to adjust one lol. Thank you for the link as well Mike.
I kind of agree with you after seeing the new pictures that it is the door window that is off. I adjusted my door windows on my 71 but I think a 67's adjustments may be totally different. One thing I recommend when you start adjusting them "DO NOt" slam the door shut till you make sure the glass isn't going to come in contact with any metal around the door frame. Yours should be easier to adjust because you have the vent window frame channel guiding the glass in front. Probably on the back track of the front window inside the door there may be a couple studs you will need to adjust. I would start with the top one adjust it a little to bring the top of the glass in try it and go from there. How did you make out with the horn cap rattle.

Reactions: faded67

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys. Ok. Looks like some additional research before I take the panels off...just in case.

Hank, as far as the horn cap..it still rattles. I didn't see anything wrong with it at all!? I almost want to wedge something soft around it to keep it from doing it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
For a 1969 you need a Fisher body manual. It tells you how all of the adjustments work. I have never done this on a 1967 but I have done it a couple of times on a 1969. It helped me a great deal.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Not sure about the front door windows,but Scared Shiftless has a great video on YouTube going through the adjustment procedure on the rear quarter windows on a "66".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts