Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to remove the window from the door? Is it best to gut the whole assembly? Or can it be done leaving the tracks in place. Am trying to leave things semi intact. MANY THANKS!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I know on my 68, which is a bit different. My window is attached to a frame that the upper track for the window rollers is attached to. You can unscrew the track from the fram and remove the window.

On my friends 72 camaro (1 piece window no vent window) The window was attached by one screw in the back that we were able to remove then lift the entire glass out.

If you are doing it though i would recommend taking everything out and white lithium the entire thing. Its amazing how nice the windows CAN roll up & down if greased.

Best to get it going is get the door panel off and stick your head in the door and see how everything works (its pretty basic)

·
Registered
740 Posts
One word of caution is when you take out the window watch your fuzzies they can easy get torn.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Do yourself a favor by using Fischer Body Manual, it'll save you lots of time. Problem is not getting it out. You don't want to take apart more than you have to. Adjusting it all after it's back in can be a problem. Just did mine. 1970

1 - 4 of 4 Posts