Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at these two inside door handle assemblies.. I'm not exactly sure what they are even called, but the one on the left is for a 68 Chevelle. Which I'm told is one year only. I bought the right ones on Ebay and they didnt fit, so what year are they for???

·
Premium Member
6,771 Posts
Scott, I wouldn't think anyone would be able to look at the pic and tell you what car it fits. They all look similar in shape and size. Your best bet is to call someone who sells used Chevelle parts, and is sure they came off a 68 door. I've had good luck with Sundell's 704-434-6759. They've been selling used Chevelle parts for many yrs, and they would make sure you get the correct parts..

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
The reason the 68's are one year only is that the shaft the handle attaches to is longer to accommidate for the thickness of the chrome backplate. After that, they were a bit shorter, but still mounted the same. When I replaced my door panels, I left out the chrome backplate and am using the mechanisms from 69 4 door.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So maybe the other set I have isnt from a Chevelle? I figured it would be a 69, or 70? They surely came off of a GM product, but I wouldnt think they are A-body specific.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts