Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm a new guy (for an old guy). Nearing completion on a 68 coupe and I am rebuilding the door glass mechanics. Have purchased window guide plates...they were missing from the start. Any comments on where they go? I have all fuzzies and adjusters in place for each door, buth the guide plates are puzzling. Do not have a Fisher manual, but I was hoping I could locate mounting position easily...but no obvious location. Car was a basket case from the start or I would have taken pics. Thanks to all!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are the flat, rectangular metal plates with black fuzzy material glued to one side. Two small mounting holes on one end. I will try to find photo. thanks again all.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
They mount on the door skin side of the door. Should be two holes for them up on the top. Each door has one in the back. If I was home I could get a picture for you. They mount just across from the metal bracket that hold your door panel on on top of the door. Then again a 68 may be different then a 70 door.

Ray

·
Registered
615 Posts
I didn't even realize my 68 had these. Here's a pic of the drivers side door, mine is obviously way out of adjustment because its so far away from the glass.

I can only find one guide per door. It's possible when I took the doors apart years ago I removed them and lost them. I don't really think 68 would need another guide towards the front of the car though, because the vent wing window has that vertical felt channel that would do the job way better anyway.

But, I could see maybe another guide on the interior side of the glass being possible. When I was putting my glass in, the window really wanted to lean inwards until I got the adjustment very close, then the inwards lean kinda fixed itself. That's why I had all that tape and paperboard there, you will scratch your glass/tint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
The 68 may only have one since it has wing windows and has a guide up front already. I forgot about them.

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts