Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger side door on my 65 convertible doesn't align properly. the back edge is about 3/8 " lower than the body. The hinge pins seem fine, it came back this way after painting. What is the best way to raise the back edge of the door? Is the adjustment on the door side of the hinge or the body side?
Can I open the door, support it with a floor jack, loosen the hinge on the door, raise the door and tighten ? Any tips, help, advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Your right on track. First loosen your door stricker in the rear door jam and check your door fit. If it's still bad, loosen the door bolts at the hinges (on the body) and have someone lift the rear of the door a little and retighten. Close slowly to check fit and make sure your not going to rip paint off the door at the front edge. Keep adjusting till your happy and then tighten the stricker, which will need to be adjusted also.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
So-----where can one get that special little wrench for doing this???

I have the same issue with my Elky
I'm now tossing the idea of pulling the front clip forward to get at the door hinges.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
This is what one of those wrenches looks like. Some have a little different shape but pretty much like this one.

Here is an article that includes aligning those doors.

Brian

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
:DTeasing me, Brian???:D

:DWHAT ARTICLE????:D

(sure---if I would look around for some of your amazing "HOW TO" articles, I would probably find it)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts