Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning guys!i am haveing a problem with my dome ligt on my 66 El camino.it won't go on.i plugged my volt tester to a hot lead and tested the ground on the door button and t got a light so the ground seems to be good.i took the dome light off and also touched the lines going into the bulb connection and also got light.however i get no juice to the connecter.there is a solid white line comming out of the connecter and a white with orange stripe also comming out of the connecter.i asume the solid white is ground going to the door buttons.can one of you tell me where the white with orange goes to?i can't see it under the dash.

all help is appreciated.

Thanks again:elc66

·
Registered
166 Posts
yeah, the white and orange wire goes to a constant hot, usually on the same circuit as the lighter, clock, and glovebox lamp. every wire that is constant hot is orange, or has some orange in it (with the exception of the big red charging system wires). not all orange wires are receive constant power though, such as the heater blower motor wire. the domelight receives constant power and is turned on and off by making and breaking a ground either in the doorjamb switches or the headlamp switch. hope this helps.

------------------
Ian McDermott
Columbia University
New York, NY.
1970 Chevelle SS 396
[email protected]
q2.dhs.org/chevelle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.