Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. There is no voltage to the lamp on the orange wire. The manual says power comes from inturment panel feed. I don't know exactly where that is. 2. The white wire gets grounded when eiter door is opened. However when the light switch is rotated full left, ther is some resistance to ground. The switch seems like it does not make the connection good. Should the switch be replaced? Thanks for any advice. David.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I would trace the wire and see if you have voltage at the plug in the trunk. My 66 had a plug on the drivers side just under the package tray.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The power comes from the top fuse on the left column marked CLK LTR.....CTSY, clock-lighter-courtesy lights.

The white wire grounds at three locations left/right doors and headlight switch. So yes rotating the headlight switch ccw will turn on/ground the courtesy lights.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had voltage on both sides of the fuse. But the fuse was not making a good connection. The voltage is good out on the orange wire now. Thanks for your help. David.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts