Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Do they have a Charger...? LOL
I never thought about the Bit coin or anything else...to be honest. the I started to thik about it. the money we use is just paper worth nothing other than what is printed on it...then I thought people used to carry bags of gold and silver coins...the bank took that weight off our hands and made paper. Then the Government took that power away from the banks and di the same.
Now how many people use a credit card or debit card...same thing worth about 25 cents in recycled plastic.
So to say there is nothing there...during covid I have hardly used any real tangible coins or our plastic bills that Can be washed and disinfected.
So while the concept is foreign to me I know it is the way of the future. This next generation of kids is going to be like the Jetsons...maybe not flying cars but definitely robotics and unseen currency.
Just my 4.75 cents worth with the exchange....LOL

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
almost .09 now.
And your right, people today have thier banks connected to thier phones. Don't need a ATM card or credit card. Want a soda from a machine? just pit your phone to it. So the new generation can grow up without knowing what cash is. jim

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
It's only. 05 cents right now.
They expect it to go to $1. by the end of the year.
This whole thread is based on mis-information and mis-understanding. The current market value of any financial instrument is a consensus of expert market analysts who follow that specific type of instrument all day, every day, for a living.

Or, stated another way, if any REAL experts expected it to be $1 by the end of the year, it wouldn't be currently trading for a nickel.

If you want to gamble, go to Vegas and play some blackjack :)

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
to be truthful, I don't have a clue about it. Figure got a 1400 Biden bucks, so why not gamble some of it. 500 bucks in crypto, $375 into a 1894 winchester rifle made in 1912 cal. 32ws and a few bucks in my mad money box. the 500 is now at 650+ and I still have a cool old winchester without ammo. jim

Reactions: budroman

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
Bitcoin started out pennies.

One share is currently $55,000
Actaully the fist quote I saw was either $400 or $600. BitCoin is mostly a Chinese thing. Given the HUGE amount of energy it takes to mine coins anymore, it likely will continue to rise due to "shortages".

Y'all know how to play musical chairs, right!? Better learn if not. I've referred folks to www.gemini.com although like Sgt Shultz " I KNOW NOTHING!"

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
Had a meeting with some professional money managers today, and one of the presenters said her mother-in-law, who is 85 made 200K in bitcoin. The pro said., "Good thing she didnt ask for my advice, she'd be 200 grand poorer! "

·
Premium Member
10,934 Posts
Had a meeting with some professional money managers today, and one of the presenters said her mother-in-law, who is 85 made 200K in bitcoin. The pro said., "Good thing she didnt ask for my advice, she'd be 200 grand poorer! "
Many folks laughed at the possibilities of crypto currency. Of course, they were wrong in their thoughts. That said, there are a great number of crypto which are just plain bull chips. The majority of the population poo poo crypto because they just don't understand it. That said, I am a stock market idiot.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
heard they installed the first crypto ATM in town a few weeks back, looks like they're trying to get the infrastructure set up and businesses is more and more accepting it.

How about the latest? buying virtual art work? anyone can look at it, down load it, but you get to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for the license? jim

Reactions: 427L88

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
I recall Jaime Diamond ( JPM CEO) saying that crypto was a fad a few years back. Smart man maybe, but not that smart. Most of us knew it would at least develop into an "asset class".

PS, SO FAR its a speculative investment vehicle , NOT a true currency. So he got that part right. ATMs dont usually spit 58K on you at once. :eek:

Those digital rights ( NFTs) are quite interesting. It makes some sense, but I;m still unclear. Been watching a German company that deals with them. WISe Art - WISeKey

Its just that I barely understand them. PS if you read that link, the luxury watch auction WiseKey hosted sent the shares up 300%. Talk about "hot air".

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
.19 a coin today jim

·
Premium Member
10,934 Posts
This whole thread is based on mis-information and mis-understanding. The current market value of any financial instrument is a consensus of expert market analysts who follow that specific type of instrument all day, every day, for a living.

Or, stated another way, if any REAL experts expected it to be $1 by the end of the year, it wouldn't be currently trading for a nickel.

If you want to gamble, go to Vegas and play some blackjack :)
Bitcoin was trading at $225. in Feb '15. If I had only bought $10k worth then. :oops:

·
Premium Member
10,934 Posts
I recall Jaime Diamond ( JPM CEO) saying that crypto was a fad a few years back. Smart man maybe, but not that smart. Most of us knew it would at least develop into an "asset class".

PS, SO FAR its a speculative investment vehicle , NOT a true currency. So he got that part right. ATMs dont usually spit 58K on you at once. :eek:

Those digital rights ( NFTs) are quite interesting. It makes some sense, but I;m still unclear. Been watching a German company that deals with them. WISe Art - WISeKey

Its just that I barely understand them. PS if you read that link, the luxury watch auction WiseKey hosted sent the shares up 300%. Talk about "hot air".
An ATM may not "spit $58 k on you at once" but I'd bet they would certainly accept it at once.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
I'm thinking whatever bitcoin value you have in your wallet, you can take cash out of your wallet? jim

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
if you bought 1000 bucks of dogecoin Jan 1 2021 it's worth over 40k today. it wasnover .33 a coin a little bit ago. Probably should sell but decided to buy into I for the long haul
jim

·
Premium Member
10,934 Posts
if you bought 1000 bucks of dogecoin Jan 1 2021 it's worth over 40k today. it wasnover .33 a coin a little bit ago. Probably should sell but decided to buy into I for the long haul
jim
I'd hang on a while. I know someone who bought more but I'm not at liberty to discuss. Nor am I any kind of advisor.

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
One doesnt need any "advice" to gamble and speculate on thin air. Its called "musical chairs" and everyone knows how to play it. Buy and hold until its over. Lots of cash chasing lots of stuff lately. Robinhood is there to facilitate any and all speculations, without any bothersome advice! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
10,934 Posts
One doesnt need any "advice" to gamble and speculate on thin air. Its called "musical chairs" and everyone knows how to play it. Buy and hold until its over. Lots of cash chasing lots of stuff lately. Robinhood is there to facilitate any and all speculations, without any bothersome advice! Good luck!
One thing for sure, Las Vegas has had several speculators. Making money out of thin air.
BTW, dogecoin is at .37 today. Making some people a fair amount of money.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
One thing for sure, Las Vegas has had several speculators. Making money out of thin air.
BTW, dogecoin is at .37 today. Making some people a fair amount of money.
It was at .43 a little while ago. I'm watching it's market cap slowly grow and climb up the ladder. Wondering how far it will go...

21 - 40 of 62 Posts