Team Chevelle banner

Dogecoin

15K views 162 replies 34 participants last post by  Jim Mac 
THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE

Who expects it to go to $1 by the end of the year?

The currently circulating supply of Dogecoin is ~129B which puts its market capitalization at ~$900M. If Dogecoin were to go to $1, it would put the market cap at $128B, which would put it behind Bitcoin and Ethereum as the #3 cryptocurrency according to market cap.

Source: Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts And Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

I don't see that kind of upside. After all, it's a joke currency that only still exists because it is merge-mined with Litecoin. All that said, I do own Dogecoin and I recently sold a some and bought a Camaro, and the Doge will definitely be on the side of the car this racing season as a bonafide sponsor. I am not buying in this market, but I'm already invested. Never invest more than you're okay to lose. Crypto can drop faster than you can say SHIT!

Don't get me wrong, I hope it goes to $1, but I'm not holding my breath.

THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE
And can also rise at a very rapid rate. Life is a gamble.
I'm not expecting much either, I bought it as a joke. My whole investment was little over $90 for 10,000 so if it goes to $1 great, if not I'm not loosing much. I'd be happy if it goes to 20 cents. As of today I'm at $570 so not bad, but I'm not taking it seriously, if I did I'd have a lot more money tied up into it.
We'll see how much of a joke it ends up being. I have a buddy who recently bought a considerable sum. He also stated it's origin as comical. Billionaires are made from simple ideas sometimes. I'm not a lucky person but I'll still put a buck in a machine on a rare occasion.

Buying $200 btc won't likely make you much money because you are buying a very tiny fraction of $58,760 today at this time. The best method to make money is to buy some when it is just mere "cents" or fractions of cents and hope it grows exponentially. You can buy crypto at whatever amount you wish but not all crypto is legitimate. I suspect most of it is bs but some will amass value. The hard part is determining when and what to buy and how long to hold it. It has made some people very wealthy but they are usually those who invest vast amounts of time in researching crypto and what each type of crypto is based on.

Had a meeting with some professional money managers today, and one of the presenters said her mother-in-law, who is 85 made 200K in bitcoin. The pro said., "Good thing she didnt ask for my advice, she'd be 200 grand poorer! "
Many folks laughed at the possibilities of crypto currency. Of course, they were wrong in their thoughts. That said, there are a great number of crypto which are just plain bull chips. The majority of the population poo poo crypto because they just don't understand it. That said, I am a stock market idiot.

This whole thread is based on mis-information and mis-understanding. The current market value of any financial instrument is a consensus of expert market analysts who follow that specific type of instrument all day, every day, for a living.

Or, stated another way, if any REAL experts expected it to be $1 by the end of the year, it wouldn't be currently trading for a nickel.

If you want to gamble, go to Vegas and play some blackjack :)
Bitcoin was trading at $225. in Feb '15. If I had only bought $10k worth then. :oops:

I recall Jaime Diamond ( JPM CEO) saying that crypto was a fad a few years back. Smart man maybe, but not that smart. Most of us knew it would at least develop into an "asset class".

PS, SO FAR its a speculative investment vehicle , NOT a true currency. So he got that part right. ATMs dont usually spit 58K on you at once. :eek:

Those digital rights ( NFTs) are quite interesting. It makes some sense, but I;m still unclear. Been watching a German company that deals with them. WISe Art - WISeKey

Its just that I barely understand them. PS if you read that link, the luxury watch auction WiseKey hosted sent the shares up 300%. Talk about "hot air".
An ATM may not "spit $58 k on you at once" but I'd bet they would certainly accept it at once.

if you bought 1000 bucks of dogecoin Jan 1 2021 it's worth over 40k today. it wasnover .33 a coin a little bit ago. Probably should sell but decided to buy into I for the long haul
jim
I'd hang on a while. I know someone who bought more but I'm not at liberty to discuss. Nor am I any kind of advisor.

One doesnt need any "advice" to gamble and speculate on thin air. Its called "musical chairs" and everyone knows how to play it. Buy and hold until its over. Lots of cash chasing lots of stuff lately. Robinhood is there to facilitate any and all speculations, without any bothersome advice! Good luck!
One thing for sure, Las Vegas has had several speculators. Making money out of thin air.
BTW, dogecoin is at .37 today. Making some people a fair amount of money.

I missed BitCoin @ 600, 1400 and 4000 only becuase I didnt want to leave a machine on 24.7.365 with its digital wallet. Back when it was a pros market; now anyone can play with a cell phone.

And it appears that EVERYONE is.!
you can use your laptop too. My cell sure isn't for internet use.

WTF are you taking about? Done? It aint done when there is billons of dollars of money that dont want to be traced.

Mistaken? Why, because its a simply a greater fools trade> ? Park your multi-millions of illicit funds there. That's what they are for dammit! ;) The ones that arent, will fail. Soon to be replaced by govvie digicoins. Aka dogecoin is fckd. Dont stick around.

Not mistaken buddy, just really effing clear on what is, and what aint.

We've had multiple ways to double and treble funds the last year. Dogecoin is simply evidence of a speculative near bubble to me, no more, no less. As now folks are willing to speculate on air. When Elon tells them to.

THATS MISTAKEN.
When people invest in anything it is a risk. There are usually winners and losers. Then there are insiders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.