Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
The way things are going for bitcoin it probably would not be a bad idea to buy them even at the current price of $800. More retailers and even ebay UK are accepting them.

Or you can try litecoin and hope it can survive along side bitcoin.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
where can you buy dogecoin?

·
Registered
83 Posts
THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE

Who expects it to go to $1 by the end of the year?

The currently circulating supply of Dogecoin is ~129B which puts its market capitalization at ~$900M. If Dogecoin were to go to $1, it would put the market cap at $128B, which would put it behind Bitcoin and Ethereum as the #3 cryptocurrency according to market cap.

Source: Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts And Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

I don't see that kind of upside. After all, it's a joke currency that only still exists because it is merge-mined with Litecoin. All that said, I do own Dogecoin and I recently sold a some and bought a Camaro, and the Doge will definitely be on the side of the car this racing season as a bonafide sponsor. I am not buying in this market, but I'm already invested. Never invest more than you're okay to lose. Crypto can drop faster than you can say SHIT!

Don't get me wrong, I hope it goes to $1, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
577 Posts

The currently circulating supply of Dogecoin is ~129B which puts its market capitalization at ~$900M. If Dogecoin were to go to $1, it would put the market cap at $128B, which would put it behind Bitcoin and Ethereum as the #3 cryptocurrency according to market cap.

Source: Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts And Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

I don't see that kind of upside. After all, it's a joke currency that only still exists because it is merge-mined with Litecoin. All that said, I do own Dogecoin and I recently sold a some and bought a Camaro, and the Doge will definitely be on the side of the car this racing season as a bonafide sponsor. I am not buying in this market, but I'm already invested. Never invest more than you're okay to lose. Crypto can drop faster than you can say SHIT!

I'm not expecting much either, I bought it as a joke. My whole investment was little over $90 for 10,000 so if it goes to $1 great, if not I'm not loosing much. I'd be happy if it goes to 20 cents. As of today I'm at $570 so not bad, but I'm not taking it seriously, if I did I'd have a lot more money tied up into it.

·
Premium Member
11,124 Posts

And can also rise at a very rapid rate. Life is a gamble.
I'm not expecting much either, I bought it as a joke. My whole investment was little over $90 for 10,000 so if it goes to $1 great, if not I'm not loosing much. I'd be happy if it goes to 20 cents. As of today I'm at $570 so not bad, but I'm not taking it seriously, if I did I'd have a lot more money tied up into it.
We'll see how much of a joke it ends up being. I have a buddy who recently bought a considerable sum. He also stated it's origin as comical. Billionaires are made from simple ideas sometimes. I'm not a lucky person but I'll still put a buck in a machine on a rare occasion.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
we have 401k's and some mutual funds. But I also love to buy sell and trade anything I can make a buck on and always wanted to open a account and stick a little play money in. I went and bought $200 just to see what happens in a year. if it goes up, great. if it goes poof, ive lost on buying yard sale stuff that I was never able to flip. jim

Reactions: lucifershammer

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
I bought a couple hundred bucks of bitcoin too. It will be interesting to see where these are at in 1 year. jim

1 - 20 of 160 Posts