Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone buying dogecoin?

It's only. 05 cents right now.
They expect it to go to $1. by the end of the year.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
where can you buy dogecoin?

·
Premium Member
16,952 Posts
Ha, there is the trick! Get a digital wallet like real crypto?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have few 10,000 dogecoins, bought at .009 beginning of the year. I use Robinhood for short term investments, and to play around with stocks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE

Who expects it to go to $1 by the end of the year?

The currently circulating supply of Dogecoin is ~129B which puts its market capitalization at ~$900M. If Dogecoin were to go to $1, it would put the market cap at $128B, which would put it behind Bitcoin and Ethereum as the #3 cryptocurrency according to market cap.

Source: Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts And Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

I don't see that kind of upside. After all, it's a joke currency that only still exists because it is merge-mined with Litecoin. All that said, I do own Dogecoin and I recently sold a some and bought a Camaro, and the Doge will definitely be on the side of the car this racing season as a bonafide sponsor. I am not buying in this market, but I'm already invested. Never invest more than you're okay to lose. Crypto can drop faster than you can say SHIT!

Don't get me wrong, I hope it goes to $1, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
482 Posts

The currently circulating supply of Dogecoin is ~129B which puts its market capitalization at ~$900M. If Dogecoin were to go to $1, it would put the market cap at $128B, which would put it behind Bitcoin and Ethereum as the #3 cryptocurrency according to market cap.

Source: Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts And Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap

I don't see that kind of upside. After all, it's a joke currency that only still exists because it is merge-mined with Litecoin. All that said, I do own Dogecoin and I recently sold a some and bought a Camaro, and the Doge will definitely be on the side of the car this racing season as a bonafide sponsor. I am not buying in this market, but I'm already invested. Never invest more than you're okay to lose. Crypto can drop faster than you can say SHIT!

I'm not expecting much either, I bought it as a joke. My whole investment was little over $90 for 10,000 so if it goes to $1 great, if not I'm not loosing much. I'd be happy if it goes to 20 cents. As of today I'm at $570 so not bad, but I'm not taking it seriously, if I did I'd have a lot more money tied up into it.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts

And can also rise at a very rapid rate. Life is a gamble.
I'm not expecting much either, I bought it as a joke. My whole investment was little over $90 for 10,000 so if it goes to $1 great, if not I'm not loosing much. I'd be happy if it goes to 20 cents. As of today I'm at $570 so not bad, but I'm not taking it seriously, if I did I'd have a lot more money tied up into it.
We'll see how much of a joke it ends up being. I have a buddy who recently bought a considerable sum. He also stated it's origin as comical. Billionaires are made from simple ideas sometimes. I'm not a lucky person but I'll still put a buck in a machine on a rare occasion.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
we have 401k's and some mutual funds. But I also love to buy sell and trade anything I can make a buck on and always wanted to open a account and stick a little play money in. I went and bought $200 just to see what happens in a year. if it goes up, great. if it goes poof, ive lost on buying yard sale stuff that I was never able to flip. jim

Reactions: lucifershammer

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bitcoin started out pennies.

One share is currently $55,000

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
I bought a couple hundred bucks of bitcoin too. It will be interesting to see where these are at in 1 year. jim

·
Premium Member
16,952 Posts
See goes to show you how much I know, I though you had to have a digital wallet to own these things, not a simple trading app ( other than stuff like GBTC etf) . Might have to hire BH as a consultant! Nice write up BH!

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I withdrew my money from bitcoin 6 months ago and never got it. I sent an email to them with the confirmation number every month and they sent me a reply that they received the mail and are checking into it. As far as I am concerned they are thieves. Now I have to send a letter to them as per their instructions.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
so has it gone up in.the 6 months? might be a good thing. jim

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Buying $200 btc won't likely make you much money because you are buying a very tiny fraction of $58,760 today at this time. The best method to make money is to buy some when it is just mere "cents" or fractions of cents and hope it grows exponentially. You can buy crypto at whatever amount you wish but not all crypto is legitimate. I suspect most of it is bs but some will amass value. The hard part is determining when and what to buy and how long to hold it. It has made some people very wealthy but they are usually those who invest vast amounts of time in researching crypto and what each type of crypto is based on.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I withdrew my money from bitcoin 6 months ago and never got it. I sent an email to them with the confirmation number every month and they sent me a reply that they received the mail and are checking into it. As far as I am concerned they are thieves. Now I have to send a letter to them as per their instructions.
Who is they? How did you buy it? I use Robinhood to play around with cryptocurrency and some short term investments and my transactions are instant. For bigger investment I use Vanguard, IRA Merrill Lynch.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
dogecoin is over. 08 today. jim

1 - 20 of 85 Posts