Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I would how my car would look with the old dog-dish style hubcaps. My question is, where can I get them? And where can I get wheels that are larger then stock? I want like 9'' wide in the rear, I guess 7's in the front.

------------------
Justin Kramer
[email protected]
1968 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Sport Coupe 350ci
1978 Malibu Classic 305ci
"Goes real slow with the hammer down!"

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Which dog dish caps? The ones I've got, which are 1968's, are not available aftermarket.

There's 2 types: The small ones which fit into a Rally wheel,

and the big ones (10 inch) which fit on a plain steel rim.

Mine are the 10 inch style which fit as the ones in the second image do. I don't have trim rings and the wheels are body color. The caps themselves are the ones with the bowtie emblem in the center and the 5 or 6 dashed lines around the middle ring.

My stock wheels are 14x5, but I ordered 15x8 repop's from Coker Tire for about $75 each. There service was very good, and if they're at a show near you, they'll bring the rims and save you the shipping costs

Email me if you want a images of the stock wheels on my car (sorry, none of the new wheels yet)

Kurt

·
Registered
461 Posts
I love the dog dish look, have original ones on my 67. Took some looking but I finally found them. Have 14x5s on the front and 15x7s on the rear. The original dog dishes snap on to both wheels perfectly using the factory bumps on the wheels. Didn't open some of the other posts, but Stockton Wheel in CA is also an option. Sleepers live!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.