Chevelles.com banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
I work for a construction company, and we do a lot of work at HOA's. Depending on the property manager, they can be tough. People love to just bang on their keyboard and send out emails complaining about everything. Seems like alot of time they just want to make stuff up to complain about. I have had people send the property manager really nasty emails, which they normally will forward to us, with the persons name on it, which i dont think the homeowner anticipates them to do. But when you do a face to face meeting with the homeowner, its completely different. A lot of times people will refuse to meet face to face, i guess because their balls are stuck to the keyboard.

One time we went into a development, milled out all the roadways in prep for paving. Right after that was completed we got an email from someone who said we suck at what we do, the surface of the roads is way worse than when we started, the drains are now too high, and that we should invest in some better equipment and more specialized employees, etc. The email went on for quite a bit. Part of her email was correct though...the surface was rough, and the drains were too high. Unfortunately she did not understand that we hadnt actually paved the roads yet, but she felt it was her duty as a resident to make her expertise in the area of construction be known. Homeowners generally know everything.

Being on the receiving end of emails like this, have really taught me to think twice before doing something like that. I prefer a phone call before email. And the world is getting weird. i hate the fact that most of the communication done even within our own office is done via email. An email from someone that is 75 feet away, with a cell phone and a landline in front of them. Bizarre.

Dont get me started on the way people make fools of themselves complaining on facebook.
Being in business and being constantly extorted and threatened by Yelp users is also a barrel of laughs.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
First hopped on the web in 04...lots of fun laughs, entertaining

last few yrs it seems to be an opp for people to take their life out on others..not a "im going through this life problem stuff" but real narcissitc stuff. Dont know about anyone else but those types bring me the hell down fast.
Mostly from people who have apretty decent life but insist on ruining everyones damn day. Personal attacks stuff like that.
Is it just me?
The web doesn’t breed hostility, more like incubates it. Some platforms are worse than others. High sociability sites are better and unregulated are the worst. The anonymity allows the inner Walter Mitty to come out.

I’ve had a bunch of different type of cars and am on multiple forums. Most of them I just try to find what I’m looking for. Invariably there’s always a pack that exists on some level that culls the participants. Those interactions are the flash point for the soul of the forum. There are people, some who are no longer with us that set a strong influence for a stronger community for this forum that exists to this day.

·
Premium Member
7,124 Posts
BOTH, actually.

Comes up in Google searches and can be full of vicious lies.
We are in the same boat. I have 3 one star reviews on Yelp. Two are people I have never done work for, one is personal. I threw that POS out my front door,.

But Google? 33 five star reviews and one 4 star.

PS, Mari T and Nancy P hate you.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
We are in the same boat. I have 3 one star reviews on Yelp. Two are people I have never done work for, one is personal. I threw that POS out my front door,.

But Google? 33 five star reviews and one 4 star.

PS, Mari T and Nancy P hate you.
I have a way with stuck up Boca women. ;)

Reactions: Andy's Auto Repair

·
Registered
15,558 Posts
True, but the filth, garbage and negativity can be fun if you can chuckle a little, learn a little,

and realize how good you really have it. ;)
I still enjoy sarcasm and snarky humor, but I no longer engage in internet arguments. :cool:

·
Premium Member
15,969 Posts
Plus, folks say Fakebook's algorithms actually look for and incite conflict for attention and clicks n likes. I LOVE the fact that our greed is destroying us ( our civic society for sure) like cancer. Effn morons we be sometimes, to ALLOW it to happen under our noses. Willingly, and participate. Just so a very few folks make a ****pot of money. Great stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Plus, folks say Fakebook's algorithms actually look for and incite conflict for attention and clicks n likes. I LOVE the fact that our greed is destroying us ( our civic society for sure) like cancer. Effn morons we be sometimes, to ALLOW it to happen under our noses. Willingly, and participate. Just so a very few folks make a ****pot of money. Great stuff.
Exactly my point with Yelp.

Their algorithms put anything negative on top, and bury the positive reviews, even stuff from ten years ago,

just to keep people's eyes on the page.

Yet they got the nerve to call weekly to try and get us to advertise.

Ain't happenin'

Reactions: 427L88 and 71350SS

·
Registered
873 Posts
Fortunately, since 90% of our work is commercial, and repeat business, we really dont have many reviews on yelp, google, facespace, etc. We did get one bad review on FB. a large portion of our workforce is legal immigrants, mostly from Guatemala who are awesome. We had a bunch of food trucks at our place one afternoon for kind of a picnic when the guys got back. A few pics were posted on our FB page, and someone made a comment that there werent enough pics of our laborers. (meaning the Guatemalans) And thats how you get a one star review on FB.....not because of the work you do, but who is in what pics.

I feel bad for the average business that will loose work because someone sees a bad review of their business not knowing the circumstances. When ever i am after review for a business, i try to focus in on the positive ones, rather than the one negative, unless there is some kind of a theme there.

I ski alot, and my local hill is kind of messed up in its own way, but it works really well for me. i love reading the bad reviews, because most of them are based on an experience someone had on Presidents weekend, MLK weekend, or a Saturday after it snows on Friday.....IE the busiest days ever. If you are that dumb to show up one of these days thinking you will have the place to yourself, you really should include that in your FB review of the place.

Snowbird in Utah had a 1 star review campaign going for a while which was just genius. They took the one star reviews like "no place to sit at lunch" (because it snowed like 3' and the deck tables/chairs were covered), "too much snow" (really? you would prefer too little snow?), "too advanced", (Bird is a pretty advanced place, and caters to that crowd). Anyways, they used the one star reviews on FB to their favor, and it was just hilarious and genius at the same time.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts