Team Chevelle banner

Wish your Car was a Different Color?

Does anyone wish their Chevelle was a different Color?

14K views 129 replies 80 participants last post by  1967LSxChevelle 
#1 ·
I know that changing car color takes a hit on the value of a car..But sometimes I wouldn't mind a different Color

#2 ·
I painted mine in 2001 using a 1996 Corvette blue... it's OK, but a little dated looking now. I prefer factory colors now.

My car was originally LeMans blue, which is a great color, but I also like Dusk Blue and Monaco Orange.

#110 ·
I painted mine in 2001 using a 1996 Corvette blue... it's OK, but a little dated looking now. I prefer factory colors now.

My car was originally LeMans blue, which is a great color, but I also like Dusk Blue and Monaco Orange.
I have been looking through pictures of other colors and realized my cottonwood green SS is a rare color I’m gonna go without the vinyl this time around,I can always put it back on later

#3 ·
I like the bright colored interiors of yesteryear. My 66 is white and had a black interior. I changed it to a red interior. My 67 convertible was blue but I painted it white and kept the bright blue interior.
Both cars were nothing special 283/powerglide cars so I wasn’t as concerned with harming the value as I was with having the car I wanted.

#4 ·
Yeah. I painted mine blue with black stripes in 2009. It looks good, but really, I just want it to be solid black now. It looks black at night because its such a deep blue but during the day its a medium blue with pearl. I dont like the pearl at all anymore.

#8 ·
When I bought the 70 conv in 1998, I REALLY would liked to have got a red one. But the one I bought was blue and too nice to pass up for the price.

A few years ago, while sitting at a traffic light, I was mildly rearended. While at the body shop, I had ALLLLLLLLLLL the trim removed and had it totally repainted, but a different blue which my wife picked out. We are really happy with it.

This is the old blue.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

This is the new blue.
I also had Malibu removed from the front fenders and had the chrome trim on top of the fenders and doors removed.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

#11 ·
My 70 is originally Black and still is. Though there is always someone that has black. My first 70 was White which was good for Florida but blended in with every other car color.

Had I to choose or change, first would be Black Cherry, or the second choice Fathom Blue.

Mike

Reactions: shovelrick
#16 ·
My '65 was originally white with red interior. Since the sun had eaten up the inside vinyl, I decided to paint it white again with a black interior.

The paint job was garbage - chalked up in a few years and I had moved to Oregon from Tucson ... did a frame off and had it painted the factory
metallic burgundy color from 1965 - amazing how many people come up and say it was a favorite of theirs.... or they had a nicer, cleaner, faster etc etc one.

Now, back in Arizona, it stays in the garage except for nice sunny days.

#17 ·
I always wanted 1970 Shadow Grey. When my wife saw the original color, Mohave Gold, she talked me into keeping it original. SOOOO glad she did... I love the color!

Reactions: KCMO454
#18 · (Edited)
Mine was factory butternut yellow but the prior owner changed it to Daytona yellow. It needs a little bit of rust work and am not sure if I want to change it back or leave it Daytona. My kids call it dads yellow car, so I don’t think I could ever change the base color.

#19 ·
Mine was factory butternut yellow but the prior owner changed it to Daytona yellow. It needs a little bit of rust work and am not sure if I want to change it back or leave it Daytona. My kids call it dads yellow car, so I don’t think I could ever change the color.
The butternut was a very close 'almost' instead of the burgundy.... very very close......

#21 ·
I told the body (2nd guy) that I was painting our car black to make sure he did a good job...didn't matter I got what I got lol and couldn't make up my mind on Marina Blue or 70 Olds Viking Blue, I flipped a quarter and Viking Blue won...which is also Mulsane and Lucern Blue, Im happy with it

#24 ·
was going to do Black with white stripes but knew black would be alot of up keep, a guy that did full resto on his LS6 car that got me hooked on BB Chevelles had the Fathom blue white stripes. Just a gorgeous color IMHO. But I opted for the Cranberry red that was on build sheet

#29 ·
I never cared for Green, but that car looks amazing !

Mike

#27 ·
I love the rare factory Burgundy/Maroon with Red Stripe that came on my '69 and would never change it.

#28 ·
My 66 was originally butternut yellow, when we restored it the color was changed to a corvette red. Now I wish some of the new colours where out then I love the new shiny dull (satin matte) colours out now. Very nice look I have yet to see an old Chevelle using any of these colours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.