Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
71 SS: about to install the classic set of three (maybe 4) gauges under dash, on pillar or maybe on top of console and as I was mapping out the wiring strategy wondered....do I have to run three separate wires to the fuse box and find three separate grounds for each gauge and another for each gauge light......OR does someone make a wiring hub where you connect all the separate gauge wires to it and then run one wire to the fuse box and one ground?

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
You have to use separate wires for each sender but you can use the same 12V. power wire split in three (or four) for the lights in the gauges and last, the ground wires can be tied together. :yes:

Claude.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
There is no need for fuses with your gauges.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, great news....so, I take that to be......connect all gauge light bulb lines together into one, connect all light grounds together into one.........using mechanical gauges so water temp sending and oil pressure sender are separate

didn't mean fuses for the gauges, but was talking about the 12v power line that goes to the fuse box...

Thanks for taking the time to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts