Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring my dash bezel and wanted to know if anyone can give me a little help. Were these chrome from the factory? I know the repops are but I dont think they are right. I have about 5 laying around and all of them are painted with silver paint. Does anyone know the correct silver paint if they are to be painted.

Also does anyone have any tricks on how to role the speedometer back to 0's. I am doing a frame off and want the speedometer back to 0000 miles. I saw a speedometer mechanism in OPI but they want like $250 for it. Any help would be appreciated.

jeff k

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jeff, my `65 was originally silver. It took my wife approx two months under a lighted magnifying glass to get every little bit of it clean and repainted. I don't know what brand of paint she used, but it looks great! The odometer is a breeze to adjust to anything you want. Take it out and look it over really good before you remove the plastic holding strip - you'll figure it out. Oh Yeah - don't forget to post an "odometer change" notice on the doorjamb - it's the law!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts