Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have memorabilia that is associated with your car? I have several "On the Move" items (this was the 1970 slogan for Chevrolet). They include a record album with part of the 1970 Chevrolet line up on it including a '70 SS, a napkin (got this from a fellow TC member), as well as a 1970 paint chip booklet, a Chevelle and Monte Carlo accessory booklet, an original dealer brochure, an original owners manual, and I believe one of every '70 Chevelle magazine advertisement along with a Lane Collectible ragtop similar to mine.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'm guilty as charged as well. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
A whole bunch of toys, nostalgic parts signs, antique glass Chevrolet sign. Right now I'm dismantling my dining nook and creating a "bar" area with all of this stuff as a background so I can have a little "auto" themed lounge. I even have a liquor dispensor that looks like an old gas pump! :D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
A whole bunch of toys, nostalgic parts signs, antique glass Chevrolet sign. Right now I'm dismantling my dining nook and creating a "bar" area with all of this stuff as a background so I can have a little "auto" themed lounge. I even have a liquor dispensor that looks like an old gas pump! :D
yep, we have one similar....was a NAFTACAR theme.....but I am going with more classic car stuff and some music stuff....got some one of a kinda stuff of Led Zep, got a photo of Stevie Ray Vaughn 5 minutes before he left the stage for the last time.....old Jack Daniels stuff...etc.

·
Gold Founding Member
3,080 Posts
I have all of the magazine road tests and articles for my 64 that I know of. Also most of the ads. Original owners manual, dealer brochure and accessory sheet, aftermarket paint chip samples, dealer issued sheet music book with Chevrolet theme ("see the USA...)that has line drawings of the 64. I'd like to get one of the sample model cars that were given out by the dealers but they go for a pretty healthy price.

For other cars I have a piece of script trim from just about every car or truck I have owned, most of the license plates and other memobilia like spun bearing, blown pistons, and other parts that I abused. I keep them on the wall as reminders of what not to do. I also grab auto related advertising for all models at yard and estate sales.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Yeah, I have a bunch. The tough part is I find something, then have to decide if it's that or another part I need.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I have a weakness for Sunoco Signs and memorabilia. My garage looks like a darn Sunoco Station :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Around here, you'll find Gulf "stuff". My wife's family ran a Gulf station for many yrs. I still kick myself for letting a huge Gulf sign get away...F-I-L said just take it and I said I didn't have any room for it. I didn't at the time, but what a thing to have now! Oh how easy it is to be smart after you have been dumb!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
W O W - thanks Kurt :)

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
I have a bunch of Diecast cars, mostly chevies. I also have a bunch of wall art, including a bunch of the BFG stuff they used to sell through their website and Vince Crain Cartoon art. One of these days the stuff actually might get put on a wall :clonk: :D

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I can't get enough of the stuff. Count me in for a full size traffic light that I have in the garage complete with a timer that cycles green, yellow, red. Steering wheels on the walls. A working parking meter. Road signs, no parking, no dumping, no stopping, speed limit 35. My garage door will hardly open due to the weight of the signs I have attached to it. I have a hose and nozzle from a gas pump that I want to hang somewhere.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts