Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my small block fan shroud won't work anymore, if the BB fan shroud is so shallow do I really need to have it? I really don't think I will be able to find a used one around here (Saskatchewan, Canada), it took me 2 months to find a decent set of heads. I broke my SB fan shroud a while back (little accident coming off the ramps involving a hydrolic jack
). GM still had the top half of the shroud but no more bottom halfs so I had to repair it with electricians tape
. Are the BB shrouds one piece? And can I get a new one from a GM dealer? Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just got a shroud from Ausley's. they should have one for yur car. What year did you say your car is? Yeah, on the big blocks the shroud is only about 3" deep.But,it is still important.Even though the shroud is small it still makes the fan pull more air through the radiator.

------------------

JoeS
"67 Malibu"

·
Registered
790 Posts
On my 454 the fan is close so I am thinking of using bolts (remove the fan) and install single or dual electric fans. Which is cooler?

------------------
Frank
69-454-456
Gold Member # 216

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't think that you're going to find a GM '71 fan shroud very easily and until very recenly the repros have been garbage.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Ground Up, the site sponsor should have what you are looking for!!

------------------
Nick P.
Team Chevelle Gold #36

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
You will have no problem getting an original big-block shroud right from your local GM dealer since they're still available. Part #6261914 fits big-blocks from 69-72, although I don't believe this one is correct if you have HD cooling (e.g., A/C cars). You can also order both original and repros from the vendors.

------------------
Rainer - Team Chevelle #50 - Gold Member
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
& the newest - '70 Malibu convertible!
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.