Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a set of '68 (I believe because they have the release button on the back) buckets in my '66 & was wondering if the 2 parts of the tracks come apart. I want to blast & refinish them but can't tell by looking between them. Is there a tab or something you can press to seperate them? I'm talking about the part that does the sliding & the part that bolts to the floor.

Thanks a lot!

George
[email protected]
TC #1921
ACES #5880

·
Registered
43 Posts
The ones on my 67 came apart. I found out because when I had them recovered, the upholstery shop reversed them left to right and they would not install. I don't quite recall, but I think they will just slide out if you hold the catch out of the way. You might have to remove a spring and a bolt or two for clearance. If you spend a few minutes studying them, I think it will become apparent.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I had them in the vice and tried to seprate them but no go. They are very dirty & I can't really see inside where the 2 parts slide against one another. I'll investigate it some more.

Thanks!

George
[email protected]
TC #1921
ACES #5880

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
George,

No, the track assemblies do NOT come apart! I sandblasted some while they were together. Just clean all the grease out of the tracks first, using a solvent, and let them dry completely. Then sandblast, blow all the crud out when you're done, paint, and re-lubricate the ball bearings and the tracks. They looked and worked like new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts