Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to look at some parts for my 69 a hood, dash bezel and other misc. I just want to make sure if it came off of a 300 or other model that these parts will fit my 2dr malibu.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
They will fit, as the 300/300 Deluxe is simply a trim optoin. But keep in mind that using these part will, more or less, change the look of your car.

Using 300 trim would be about the same as using SS trim. It'll work, but may not look quite right.

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6873/Chevelle/68_Chevelle_Info.html
Email: [email protected]
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should rephrase my question are the hood and dash bezel of a 300 the same as a malibu. Thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
102 Posts
Luke While your looking at this 300 , i,d be interested in the interior door panels if they are in good shape. Please reply. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Beware:: 300 Sedan parts are NOT hte same as a malabu or 300 coupe,,, 300, I have a drivers side 300 sedan door panel and a few other 300 sedan parts is your a sedan or a coupe?? L89SEDAN

·
Registered
368 Posts
Luke
300 did not use a specific hood or dash bezel in '69

Hood
There are two hoods, standard and SS

Dash Bezel
There are two basic types, A/C and non-A/C
These were modified to accept power top, rear window defogger and/or power rear window switches by cutting bow tie shaped holes above the cigar lighter. Dash bezels also came in colors to match the interior.

Hope this helps. Good luck, good dash bezels are hard to find.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

[This message has been edited by Fred Aldrich (edited 05-12-99).]

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Fred!
I have a 69 nos 300 tail light bezel lft side
if you are interested 300 or L89. I'll send it your way $25

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
There are suble differences in the '69 grille. Also, I'm not sure if the hidden wipers on the Malibus make for any differences over the 300.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Do 300 parts fit malibu's? bezels for 69 post or 300...

I just bought at swap meet 2 tail lamp quarter tail lamp housings w/ bezels and lenses, for 69 Chevelle. Question: There is a difference in the tail lamp bezels, One is recessed, not like most 69 bezels, and the other is the usual type. Were different bezels were made for this year? I know the 68's had diferences in hardtop vs 300 deluxe or post. Is the same true on the 1969 Chevelle? Is the recessed one for a 300 / post / deluxe? Just need to make sure before i put the parts on ebay. Thanks! Samantha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.