Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Granny: "you gotta lot of Cherokee inya"
Mom: "My people were all from England"
Dad: "Yeah, it's a weird last name. German I think"

2 outta 3 ain't bad.

42% German/Swiss/Dutch etc
35% Irish
9% English
5% Scandinavia
8% Trace regions, Italian, Greek,Russian

It certainly explains my love of beer. :beers:
Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About how much does a test cost?
It was $99 through Ancestry.com, but they run it for $79 all the time.

I did it because I've worked on our genealogy on and off for nearly 30 years. I've managed to get my father's line back to Zurich, Switzerland in the 1590s.
It was interesting to find out that the DNA region matched the surname area. It would have been weird to think I was German-ish and find out I was actually Mongolian.:D

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I've thought about doing it but I sort of freaks me out that Mitt Romney's crew knows more about me than me and I don't want to pay them to give them my DNA!

After they posthumously baptize me as a Mormon, maybe they clone me for some reason!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've thought about doing it but I sort of freaks me out that Mitt Romney's crew knows more about me than me and I don't want to pay them to give them my DNA!

After they posthumously baptize me as a Mormon, maybe they clone me for some reason!
Please don't Jeff. One of you is plenty.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
17,566 Posts
I think I know enough about my ancestry... Both my mother and my dad's cousin went through the geneology. So for me, its not worth the $99, or even the $79...

And I don't feel comfortable giving DNA to some organization, when who-knows-what may become of it later... The government having my DNA stored in some secret facility is bad enough... :D

I actually want to check my dog's genealogy... Not sure what breeds he is...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts