Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i have a problem . i changed my wires on 383 sb . i did each one one by one and then w about 2 left i mixed somethin up .i tryed to start it and it startin backfiring pretty bad so i killed it after like 2 seconds. is there any way to check if i have my wires in correctly?i obviously dont cuz its backfinring and it wasnt before w the old wires. i know the pass side wires is installed perfect but when i got to the driver side thats when i screwed up on one or two i think. i looked through a million websites and couldnt find anything . i need some pictures to understand the firing order thing. i have a hei dist.is there a easy way to just correct this or do i need to open up the dist and reset the rotor to the number 1 cylinder and start over?also i just wanted to make sure the #1 cylinder is the 1st one closest to the front of the car on the driver side .. right?? hope you guys know what im talkin about.
thx nick

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2
odd numbers on drivers side
2 is front pass side
this should by cast right on the intake manifold

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
http://members.cox.net/darrens70ss/doc2
This should give you a pretty good ides how to fix it. Your number one may vary depending on where they dropped your distributor but the firing order will be the same if you know the right bank is good go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts