Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what cars can i get the front disc brakes off of?i found a 78 caprice with them but sure they will work.any help would be greaty appreciated.thanks.the car is a 70 chevelle malibu with a 350.

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
Try the "search" feature on this site and you will find a lot of material on this topic. You are not the first to ask this question.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
The 78 Caprice disc set-up won't work unless you purchase special control arms. The control arms run about $600 bucks a set. You would be better off buying a conversion kit from Master Power or Stainless. Their kits are in the $900 dollar range, so for a little more money, you get a kit that bolts right in. If you want to scour the salvage yards and various net sites, any set-up from a 68 thru 72 A body will work.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Seems like I'm posting this list every week. You may have to reuse your steering arms.

Oh, the disc setup from a 70-81 Camaro will bolt up to stock 70 Chevelle suspension. I know, that's what I have. BUT you need the $175 ball joint kit from Malibu Performance for a safe fit.

Here is the list of donors:
73-74 Apollo
67-72 Buick Special
67-69 Camaro
67-72 Chevelle
70-72 Monte Carlo
68-74 Nova
67-72 Olds F85
73-74 Omega
71-72 GMC Sprint
71-74 Ventura II
69-72 Pontiac GranPrix

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.genxspeed.com/dg/chevy.htm [email protected]
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)
eBay username: dg98adams

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes Rob it applies to 69 also.

------------------
Proud owner of a 66 chevelle. later, Nick a.k.a POPS
Member #387

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
DG's right, according to the Chevy Parts Interchange manual. However, according to CPI and several other sources I've checked, the master cylinder and booster are Chevelle exclusive. No sweat though, new and remanufactured units are available. The donor car list deals mostly with spindles, rotors, mount brackets, and calipers. Don't forget about the proportioning valve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.