Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive the faq, but can a disc brake setup off another A body be used with 14" wheels on a 67 Chevelle? If disc brakes were ordered as an option in 67 were 15" wheels mandatory?

TIA

Moe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Disc brakes were available on many A-bodies with 14" wheels. The '69-'70 SS wheels are only 14 inch.

The list of possible candidates for a disc brake swap has been posted many times. Please search through the Brakes & Suspension forum to find the list.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was just reading the 1967 chassis service manual yesterday. I was concentrating on the implal information but it and the chevelles both had the optional two piston caliber disk brake option. The manual said that 15 inch ralley wheels were mandatory for that option. I know I had to use 15 inch wheels on my 67 chevelle after putting disks on front and rear. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
The 15" wheels were included with disk brakes on the full-sized cars only. The Chevelles, Chevy II/Nova,and Camaro still used 14" wheels as standard with disk brakes. BTW, Rally wheels were standard with and exclusive to disk brake cars in '67. For '68 Rally wheels were still standard with disks, but were now optional on drum brake cars as well. For '69 (and possibly some late '68 models) the Rally wheels were no longer standard on disk brake cars.
15" Rally wheels debuted on Chevelles in '69 with some Yenko SC (COPO). They didn't return in that size on Chevelles again until the '74 Laguna type S3 and/or radial tire option.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
The standard '67 14" rim would not clear the caliper. When you ordered disc brakes on a Chevelle you got the 14" rally wheels which would clear. You could also order the rally wheels without the disc brakes but the centre cap didn't say disc brake on it.

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
I'm way late here. There was no such thing as 15" in 67. The normal 'stock' wheels will NOT fit a 67 with disc, that's why all disc brake cars came with the ralley wheel option.

umm, I found out the hard way when I stuck normal rims on a 67 with discs to push it around... it didn't push.

[This message has been edited by Al (edited 09-21-99).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys...just two quick things then..were the rally's 14x6 or 14x7 and what was the intent of option code
T15 7.75-15 8 Ply tires?
(This is where I got confused)

Moe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.