Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Nick's Chevelle is "done" I need to concentrate on the 67 Camaro. I want to upgrade the current manual drums to power disc. I have accumulated some things and wonder what would be the best to use. I've read through some posts and garnered some info but was wondering if someone more knowledgable than myself would be willing to help me match components with what I've already got.

I have the original 67 Camaro drum spindles, a set of 69 Camaro drum spindles and a set of 70 Chevelle drum spindles. I've read if I use the 67 spindles the hose may rub/hit. I've also got disc brake caliper brackets that work with 68-72 Chevelles as well as backing plates. So I would assume(maybe not good to do) the 70 Chevelle drum spindle would be best to use. I understand I would need to cut the boss down .610. Is it also correct that I need to switch out steering arms from the 67 or 69 drum spindles onto the 70 Chevelle drum spindles if those are the ones of choice to use?

What disc brake caliper(single piston?) and pads should I get? What size/thread bolt would I need to secure the bracket? Where would I get this bolt? Also what banjo bolt do I need to get? What rotor and bearings? I have a set of bearings for the Chevelle drum spindle. Are the disc brake and drum bearings the same? What flexible hoses should I use as well as proportioning valve? I have both the frame proportioning valve and the one(round one) that mounts by the master cylinder. I have an 11" booster from a 70 Chevelle power drum setup, would that work? What master cylinder would work best? Would a smaller booster be "better" and if so which one and what master should be used with it?

I know I've asked a lot of questions, I've tried to review the infromation but am lost in how to proceed with what I've already got. Any and all help would be appreciated. Hope my explaination is ok and I've not muddied the water up. TIA Pete

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
use whichever spindle you want- they are the same.
use the proper Camaro steering arms, and get all the service parts (rotors, calipers, bearings, seals, master cylinder, hoses) for a 69 Camaro.
the Chevelle booster is the same as a Camaro booster.
for the prop valve, use the stock drum brake one (it is just a splitter) and put an adjustable one in the rear line.

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Derrik, appreciate the feed back :thumbsup: Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts