Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone educate me?
I'm converting from drum to disc brakes for a 70SS clone. I can't find an exploded view of each of the components. Are they as follows?

Arm, Mounting brackets, Backplates, Spindles, Calipers, pins, pads and rotors of course and the bearings. Is that it? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dave,
That sounds about right. The only stuff I'd add is the disc brake hoses and hard lines (they're different then the drum brake hoses and lines), the master cylinder and brake booster, and the proportioning valve. If you want to do a "correct" conversion, the 70 uses a "metering valve" that is mounted right under the master cylinder, and a distrubition block (should be the same as your drum brake part) that is mounted on the frame. If you just want to stop, you can use a combination metering/distrubition block (proportoning valve) that mounts on the frame, and just use 71/72 style front brake lines. BTW, an assembly manual should have a view of all the parts you need. If you don't have an assembly manual already, you should think about getting one.

Dave

------------------
Team Chevelle #373
ACES #3512
69 SS Convertible
community.webtv.net/DMBrewer/Daves69ChevellePage

[This message has been edited by 69SSDropTop (edited 12-15-99).]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

Hey, thanks for the info. Are the hard lines a different size for the disc brakes as opposed to drum brakes? And does the combination proportioning/distribution block set up provide any less braking? And where is the best place to get an assembly manual?
Thanks again!

Dave

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm going to be doing the same thing for my '66 SS this winter and I'm finding that the advertised "complete kits" aren't really complete, most of the time. I still haven't found one that includes the hard lines, for example.

------------------
Stan Hanek
'66 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Original Parts Group kit for 64-66 does come with two lines for the conversion from single line to dual lines. They are straight lines so you can route them for your specific application. Many times headers come too close to the pre-bent factory style lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.