Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following prices on Ebay recently. Looks like the prices on decent Cutlasses (even 442s) and Lemans and GTOs, and Buick GSs have been dropping steadily. Chevelles are still up.

I won an auction recently for a 67 Cutlass vert, in decent driver shape, for $4K. Didn't meet reserve. I'm waiting around for expectations to catch up with what people are willing to pay.

I wouldn't be ashamed to drive a nice GS, vert or not.

I might end up with a driveway full of cars pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
And people complain about the high cost of old cars. It's that "Gotta have a Chevelle" mentality. What's nicer looking than a nice '70 Buick GS or a Skylar for that matter. You just have to look outside the Chevelle box. For that matter, look at early '90s LT1 Vettes. $20K can buy you any number of low mileage cars that have been looked after and have never seen winter. Great highway gas mileage too. I've been looking and am tempted.....

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
I've been following prices on Ebay recently. Looks like the prices on decent Cutlasses (even 442s) and Lemans and GTOs, and Buick GSs have been dropping steadily. Chevelles are still up.

I won an auction recently for a 67 Cutlass vert, in decent driver shape, for $4K. Didn't meet reserve. I'm waiting around for expectations to catch up with what people are willing to pay.

I wouldn't be ashamed to drive a nice GS, vert or not.

I might end up with a driveway full of cars pretty soon
:sad: LMAO all of them in pieces in the garage:D
And I thought this was a ad you were selling your cars (Dirt Cheap):D

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:sad: LMAO all of them in pieces in the garage:D
And I thought this was a ad you were selling your cars (Dirt Cheap):D
you got that car done yet? Sure is taking you a long time :p Better hurry I'm going to finish before you :)

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
you got that car done yet? Sure is taking you a long time :p Better hurry I'm going to finish before you :)
Pipe Dreams...:D

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Prices here in western Canada have not dropped a penny. Economy is too good. Real estate prices where I live are projected to rise over 26% in the next year. People still want huge money for marginal cars. Decent project cars are ridiculously priced. Some people buying cars out of the US and flipping them up here for too much profit IMHO. LOTS of snowmobiles and bikes being bought down south and brought back.If I find a nice car for a decent price in the US I will make a vacation out of it and go pick it up.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
all muscle cars are down, including chevelles. the plain cutlass', lemans', skylarks have always been cheap. i have bought a couple solid cutlass' to resell and couldn't hardly give them away, even back when things were going gangbusters.

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
I'm waiting around for expectations to catch up with what people are willing to pay.
I am with you on that, but I expect it will take till November for that to happen now. Heck I can show you a car at a dealer that is a low mileage 69 I found an ad for it on google last night from 2006, same car same place. Seems dealers don't care if they sell or not. I can show you cars that have been for sale closing on a year and the prices have not dropped, they just sit there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.