Team Chevelle banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the original length of the upper dipstick tube? This is a 72 400 block. It has a new GM lower and upper tube along with a GM dipstick. My dipstick is 17" to full mark, 18" to add and overall of 19" (all to the base of where stick meets handle). What is happening is this: I have a Moroso 6 quart (without filter) road race pan and have put 6 quarts in it. The dipstick just registers oil on the end of the stick, about 1/8" up on the stick, which by the marks on the dipstick, is almost 2 quarts low. I put the oil in on Saturday, so it has had time to drain down. The upper tube measures almost 6" (part out of the block). It looks like 7 quarts would put it at the add mark. I just want to verify the dipstick and tube are the same length as original ones if possible. If necessary, I can shorten the upper tube to bring the stick lower. I just don't want too much oil in there. TIA :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.