Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Would be directly proportional to amount of "junk" contained within said garage. And inversely proportional to drastic need for tool/stuff located at the most inaccessible portion of garage with auto in place.
My thoughts...I like to be able to open the doors without hitting anything and be able to walk around the car freely. Just be wary of anthing standing up or hanging on walls around car.

------------------
Better Late than Never Fred
Team Chevelle #400
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
www.geocities.com/motorcity/shop/9385/1970Chevelle.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car will just be parked for winter months. No work will be done to it. I actually have a two car garage but will use the other half.Do you know exact dimensions (length & width)? On a quick measurement I got 210 inches long and 76 inches wide.

Please advise

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not sure of what you are asking? are you looking for the dimensions of your Chevelle? If you are, then take out the tape measure and look. If you are not planning on working on the car, then just rent what space he car takes up based on those measurements. If you are having a problem with storage space, you can always keep it in my garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the storage offer. It's actually a friends car. I thought maybe dimensions might be listed in a manual or spec book. Is there such information somewhere ??

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
If its a '65 Chevelle 2-Door sport Coupe:

Length overall: 196.6"
Width overall (Body) 74.6"
HeightOverall 52.8"

(from the 1965 Chassis Service Manual, page O-2.)

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Sorry jgmj; can't help you on the '68, but I would bet that somebody in the forum who has a '68 service manual could look it up for you.

The '65 service manual has a table in the first section that lists the dimensions for all the various Chevys, Chevelles, and Chevy II's that year. It's broken down by body styles e.g. 4-door sedan, pickup (El Camino), etc. I would expect that the '68 manual would be in the same or similar format.

I'm guessing that the '68 is bigger than the '65. Non-stock wheels/tires/lowering etc. might change the height a little bit from the published number.

[This message has been edited by JJ'65 (edited 11-09-99).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.