Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to check the voltage across my alt. and the batt.The alt. reads 14.89and to te batt reads,14.5or so. I'm thinking thats pretty normal,so with alittle help, where do I go from here to seek out the monster who robs my voltage?Thanx guys.....

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Well alternator is up where it belongs. Try measuring the headlight connectors while they are still dim. Voltage should be around the same as you see at the battery. Should be able to get at the backside of the right one. Beginning to think you have a poor connection at the lights or a poor ground to them. It's a matter of chasing the problem little.
Idle problem may be something else.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the info John.I forgot to mention that the interior lights dim up alittle also.Do you think it still points to bad ground at the head lights?Thanx again in advance........Steve

------------------
Steve (The Doctor)
66 chevelle
327 (350)HP
"Blood,Sweat,and NOS..."

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Perhaps. Both the interior and headlights get a ground through the - battery cable to the inside right fender. I can guess on this end but you need to measure around on your end. The interior light information may be helpful, but don't yet have a positive answer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give that a go,see what I can find.Thanx again John,I'll let you know what I come up with....Steve

------------------
Steve (The Doctor)
66 chevelle
327 (350)HP
"Blood,Sweat,and NOS..."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts