Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the digital clusters for a 70-72 SS Chevelle and Monte Carlo dash that are offered by Dakota Digital ( http://www.dakotadigital.com )They really look good and for the price $685.00 it seems kind of high but considering what it costs to get a cluster and have it restored/calibrated. If I had known about these clusters I would have put this in my 71 SS454 clone.
Anyway I would like to see what ya'll think of them.

------------------
The more cubes the better!!!
70 SS 396
71 SS 454 clone 8.8 1/8 on pump gas and 8" slicks
Team Chevelle # 1143

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Someone on this board fabed up their own using a generic Dakota Digital kit in their sweep style dash. It looked pretty darn nice!! But most go for the mechanical or electrical round face autometer gauge route and are happy with the results.

If you have the money and it's what you want, then go for it. I want to do this myself, but the initial buy in price doesn't fit my college budget right now
Do a search and I'm sure you'll find many discussions on the subject.

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
More simply put.

I prefer analog gauges because It helps when racing to get a feel for how quickly the tach needle is climbing.

I think that setup would look good with an after market steering wheel and Radio. I wonder how often the tack refreshes and how presice it is? It'd suck to always have the last 2 digits fluttering while cruising. I'm sure they've thought of that though.

-your right, cost wise it is a serious option to consider. I'd assume that comes will all of the intergration hardware?

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
1/8th: 8.0 @ 88mph
BEST 1/4: 12.5 with 1.89 sixty foot (street tires)
BEST MPH: 108mph

Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

[This message has been edited by BB_Mike (edited 10-30-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.