Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was hoping someone could tell me what the differences are between a 68 El Camino SS & a 68 Chevelle SS from the Bench seat forward.

I am currently trying to track down interior/engine parts for my '68 elky, but wanted to know if the majority of parts that im looking for are interchangeable with Chevelles. (because as im sure you guys know, there seems to be far more Chevelle parts available online than El Camino parts)

If there are differences (which im sure there are) could you help me out and list as many as you can think of off the top of your head?:confused:

Thanks a lot guys!
-Cheers!:beers:

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I'm sure there a lot of members who can tell you specifically item by item. An easy way is to look in the section on El Caminos in one of our sponser's catalogs. If they are selling a different part, you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sheet metal as far as the front clip goes are the same. 64-69
70-71-72 el Caminos use different fenders then the regular Chevelles. Chevelle wagons and el Caminos use the same front ends.
Would you happen to know if all the interior is the same too? (Dash, cluster, Stearing, seat, doors etc..):confused:

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Doors are definately different.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dash componets and seats/consoles are the same, there is a place on this forum that tells all the differences in sheetmetal/body parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts