Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my 70 el camino was originally a 3 on the tree 6 banger. it had a 350/350 in it when i got it, the wiring under the hood was HACKED big time, so I bought a new forward lamp harness and engine harness, the under dash harness was ok. here is the thing, when I ordered my harnesses I ordered them for an auto trans small block car, will there be any wiring issues plugging these into a stock 6 cylinder 3 on the tree under dash harness? I cant think of any real differences off hand, I do know the under dash harness for a manual car has a different stock neutral safety switch, but stock doesn't really concern me because I am putting in a B&M prostick and wiring in the switch is comes with but wanna be sure the wiring harness differences wont cause safety switch starting or any other problems

Thanks a lot

------------------
Tom
Owner of TRG Performance
1966 Super Sport Now striped frame off Project
1967 Malibu Getting there.
1970 Hugger Orange elco 383/th350 373 12 bolt soon to be semi daily driver.
1997 Dodge ram FOR SALE
2002 Silverado LT ext cab (runs 15.3's) daily driver

Team Chevelle member # 262

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The dash harness you have will work with the new harnesses you ordered. The start safety wiring is purple and purple/white should be connected to the column mounted switch. I recommend you use a relay instead of connection directly to the B&M switch. E-mail if you want additional information.

------------------
TC member 368
My ElCamino 1
My ElCamino 2
My ElCamino 3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts